Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shoeless in Seattle

I spent a few days barefoot last week and paid for it mightily with some gangbuster's plantar fasciitis. When I saw my physical therapist on Friday, he ultra-sounded the foot and taped it up in an effort to cushion the heel and support the arch. A seemingly sound idea, don't you think?

A few hours later, following a short dog walk and some yard work, I removed the taught bandage to find three open, weeping blisters, including one on top of my foot that was downright angry. Back to bare feet, since donning shoes is not really an option right now.

Yesterday I had an interview with the folks at Homeland Security to finalize my Nexus application, and I showed up wearing a pair of hot-weather socks and one shoe. "Don't ask," I quipped. Tonight I'll see how the single shoe attire works at McCaw Hall. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you big blister free luck! What on earth is Nexus and McHaw Hll?l I hope they adore and honor you....

    Love, sister G

    ReplyDelete