Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Feet and hips and gait, Oh my!


In my ongoing rehab for plantar fasciitis, I'm proud to announce I've progressed to a new level of therapy called eccentric exercises. I'd been working with my wonderful PT, Dean, of Olympic Physical Therapy, since June on some hip stretching and strengthening exercises when I developed the pesky foot issue a month later. Since that time, we've been trying to keep the hip exercises going while focusing our efforts on the foot, since the pain was quite intense and disabling. The foot injections, anti-inflammatories, laser, ultrasound and exercises have paid off; hallelujah!

I'm grateful to be working with a foot doctor and PT who know what they're doing and communicate with one another! The gait work has long been the missing link in my mobility issues and I am so pleased to finally be working on that with these healers.

Step by step, day by day, with patience, gratitude and faith!

4 comments:

  1. Go slow but go! xxoo Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear the good news! Progress...a marvelously expressive word. Hugs, Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby steps ... yet huge strides in a positive direction ! With you every step my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen-
    Why bnot do what your Aunt Sue did,get a pair of MBT's (Masia Balanced Training walking shoes).

    They absorb the hit to the knees, heels and hips one gets when walking like the Sheffer girls walk.
    They don't do well on gravelly drive ways like at the Farm, but they are great for long walks on the sidewalks and asphalt. Remember, I used my MBT sandals to walk 20 miles the last leg of the 3-day after I broke my toe.

    Try them.

    Love your blog sweet thing.

    ReplyDelete