Sunday, March 4, 2012

Decisions and how we make them

As a veteran Susan G. Komen 3-Day participant, I've spent significant time on fundraising and personal preparation over the past five years. This year, as a result of Komen's policy decisions regarding grants and the subsequent reversal of that controversial decision, I needed to carefully examine my stance before moving forward with my feet and my appeal for funds.

I reached a decision in late-February and began contacting past supporters this week. I am heartened by the feedback I've received in both financial giving and through words of support. This note, from a first-time donor, was especially validating. David works on the front lines helping women through the difficult process of decision-making that follows a breast cancer diagnosis. His work is not for the faint of heart, nor is mine.

Jenny,

I was really moved by your message about your personal struggles with SGK decision and your re-commitment to them. Causes need to continually pass the "right thing to do" test.

Go, Girl, Go!

David

1 comment: