Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vertical then, horizontal now

Everybody's outside today. Mowers are humming, families are unearthing dusty tools and toys, and bare legs in various hues are in full view. My dear spouse spent his morning reading indoors, got out of his fleece lounge-wear by mid-afternoon, showered, dressed for the warmer weather, and promptly fell asleep in the sun with a worn paperback still upright in his hands.

As neighbors edge, mow, weed and crawl about on their knees, I recall with fondness a time when my dear man did the same. Today is not that day.

2 comments:

  1. Why am I laughing? I love this photo, and in juxtaposition with the reality of your current day. I know that I am grateful when my dear man joins me in outdoor work. I love the camaraderie. I can feel your tolerance and humor in this shift...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the nail on the head, sister! O' how that shift serves me and adds to the health quotient of our marriage.

    ReplyDelete