Monday, June 18, 2012

Sisterhood of the traveling scarf

I've viewed this photo of Mom many times; in fact I probably shot the damn thing.  How did I miss the scarf-- yes, the very same scarf I found  in April buried beneath a mountain of sashes and scarves in her drawer?  


All these years when I've re-visited this classic photograph snapped in the hotel room of the infamous Henlopen Hotel in Rehoboth Beach, I've seen the same things: her sunkissed skin and relaxed demeanor; the eye-catching ad for Eight Legged Freaks;
the trademark fuzzy blanket common
to hotels, and the old-school walkman
and matching headset delivering tunes.
The scarf? Never registered it.


So she kept it and wore it; good for her!  I'm tucking the little gem into my suitcase today.  Hey, maybe I'll wear it!

2 comments:

  1. Watch out if you start reading about aliens when you put it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that you're sportin' a special scarf and sharing a smile with your mom .... Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete