Sunday, July 15, 2012

The passage of time


Radiant women on holiday in the UK, August 2010.

A mere two summers ago, Faith shot off this newsy, upbeat email before she drove from Ashland to BC in her funky camper with her beloved dog, Gracie.  It warms my heart to revisit it tonight and be reminded of the vibrant, joyous life she lead.  Oh how I loved this woman.

July 19, 2010

Hi My Dears,

 I'm sure you're getting excited about your tug boat trip coming up! I hope you are feeling better, and that your cough is better...I think that will be a fine way to spend your birthday! I will bring your present with me to give in person, as you won't be home. But Very Many Happy Returns in advance! 

My plan is to go to North this week and take my time. Me and Gracie ambling up the coast, rockin out to random tunes, and then Vancouver Island for the week, and then over to Bowen on the Friday. I hope my time will overlap with you, as you mentioned the 2-4th?

I miss you and love you! Have a great time staring at eagles and sea birds, and gazing at Mika, he may not like the staring thing. Love you and see you soon!

Faith

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how you posted this on a night that I'm having such a hard time with reality. Laying in my bed with my mommas stardust beside me wondering what's real and what isn't...
    Thank you for this.
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder, feel, and acknowledge the vast terrain of your life, dear Viyda. We are linked in our wonder and in our unflinching love.

    ReplyDelete