Friday, September 7, 2012

Brrr!

Except for an off-shore harbor seal, he was the lone swimmer in the water today.  I spotted him after I got out and was drip-drying on a sandy towel in the late afternoon sun.  The Edmonds Temperature Taker Dude has some well-defined ego strength, and, like me, a passion for cold water plunges.  

After work today, I skeedaddled home and headed straight for the beach in Edmonds where I took to the water with nary a care.  Whoa doggies!  We're talking c o l d, folks!  Though I didn't ask him what the water temperature was, I checked the marine forecast website when I was sufficiently defrosted in the comfort of my own home.  

Ready?  A refreshing 55 degrees.  

Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. I know that water temperature! I took my advanced water safety training in late May in a lake that was in the 52-55 degree range the whole time. We would stay in the water 1-2 hours at a time and eat like horses when we came out....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete