Monday, December 31, 2012

Dusk at year's end


"I’m always sorry more people don’t understand the joy of knocking about in small boats.  You have to have something that will float of course.  But the main thing is leaving the land- shoving out on your own.  And I often think it is the coves, shores, beaches, blue water, towns far away, the sunlight and the tinkle at the bow- they are what you’re after.  

Who can say what the wind does to one’s spirit or what a night’s sleep at anchor under the stars does to one’s view of the world."

Elliott Merrick

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jenny. I love you.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tunstall Bay. Back at you from Bowen Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Bowen Babe, Happy New Year from the Arizona Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, maybe it will be my resolution to find something that can float me at least once this year.

    ReplyDelete